Do you love helping people and finding ways to make their lives easier? Are you hyper-organized and efficient, with a warm, approachable demeanor? Are you looking for a challenging work experience? If so, we want to hear from you! GlobalGiving is a nonprofit organization that connects social entrepreneurs and grassroots organizations with individuals, corporations, and institutions that have an interest in supporting and fueling significant social impact.
The Office Manager is a key contributor to the GlobalGiving team. This position reports to the COO/CFO, and will help ensure GlobalGiving staff and facilities are well-supported.
GlobalGiving seeks a candidate who loves to take charge of a project from beginning to end, who approaches work with a high level of conscientiousness, thoughtfulness, and quality,
and who will relish the opportunity to support a growing organization and a dynamic team. The role provides a great learning opportunity for someone interested in understanding the nuts and bolts of running a nonprofit organization.
- Manage administrative services including purchasing, shipping, check processing, and building maintenance
- Optimize use of office space and enhance professionalism and visual aesthetics of environment
- Promote fun, team-oriented eniornment that preserves the character of the organization and our values through periodic events and team-building activities
- Design and execute GG alumni engagement program to feed a thriving network of supporters and access to resources
- Maintain hospitable and safe office environment and emergency preparedness plans
- Manage reception to receive visitors, packages, and communications and maintain professional image
- Parter with Systems Administrators to maintain PP&E inventory and manage office equipment contracts
- Supervise administrative and/or temporary support staff as needed
- Perform other duties as required by the organization and management
- Support COO with HR administration, including recruitment and onboarding, creation and delivery of new hire orientation for staff, exit interview and employee departure processing;
review clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintain clearly categorized, user-friendly, secure file system and storage
- Lead implementation of GlobalGiving Fellows program
- Track PTO accruals and use and generate reports for staff at least monthly
- Coordinate CEO calendar including travel, accommodations, meeting set-up and general correspondence
- Oversee grant calendar--from proposal submission to reporting to close-out
- 2+ years office management and nonprofit experience strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of humor, great productivity, detail orientation
- Strong operational orientation, project management skill, and focus on quality customer service with GlobalGiving staff, vendors, and partners
- Superior MS Office skills required; MS Access, Salesforce.com and other Customer Relationship Management software experience a plus
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and core values, plus sense of humor, and high degree of patience and flexibility a must
How to Apply
Interested candidates should upload a resume and cover letter here.
The world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. Solutions run by innovative, grassroots projects and organizations that are working to educate children, feed the hungry, build houses, train women (and men) with job skills, and hundreds of other amazing things.
We run an online charity marketplace that gives social entrepreneurs and non-profits from anywhere in the world a chance to raise the money that they need to improve their communities.
Since 2002, GlobalGiving has raised $191,151,996 from 478,768 donors who have supported 12,671 projects.
For more information, browse our site, find a project that you care about, and see the change that you can make possible.
Our office is located at 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington DC and is just a few blocks from the Farragut North (Red Line) and McPherson Square (Blue, Orange, or Silver Line) Metro stations.
GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community that connects nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country around the world. We make it possible for local organizations to access the tools, training, and support they need to become more effective at making our world a better place.
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.
Impact To Date
- $191.1 million in donations since 2002
- 12,600 projects have received funding
- 478,700 donors have given
Full Time Positions
Ranked in Top 10 Companies in DC
You'll Love Working Here
Here's what past employees and interns have to say about GlobalGiving:
GlobalGiving is truly an amazing organization to work at. The work environment is very open and fosters teamwork and innovation.
GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time.
Everything and everyone are so opened to talk, to help or to teach. I came as an intern, but I left as a member of a tight–knit community I will always belong to. My work was really meaningful... Best decision of my life!
Read more reviews on Glassdoor.com