Do you believe that social media can help change the world? Do you feel passionately about social entrepreneurship and international development?
Are you looking for a challenging work experience? GlobalGiving connects social entrepreneurs and grassroots organizations with individuals, corporations,
and institutions that have an interest in supporting and fueling significant social impact. Since 2002, GlobalGiving has helped non-profits and social entrepreneurs
in 120 countries grow their communities of donors and volunteers to raise nearly $75 million from more than 290,000 individual and corporate donors.
GlobalGiving.org, an online marketplace for international grassroots charities, is looking for a Unmarketing Intern. We're looking for someone that wants to help us
push our brand, voice, ideas, and most importantly our users forward. The Unmarketing Intern reports to the Unmarketing Manager and Senior Champion for Customer Bliss.
The intern will support our communications and customer service efforts as part of our social media, marketing, and
unmarketing strategy. He or she will help maintain the drumbeat for our
"Tribe." This is a full-time paid position.
- Execute strategy: Help execute and refine our unmarketing strategy, and bring your expertise and ideas to the table.
- Tell great stories: Help us engage with our loyal following, telling the stories of our partner nonprofits on Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant sites. Think creatively about how to use photos from our Project Leaders to help tell your story.
- Write compelling content: Write blog posts and draft content for our e-newsletters that go to 100,000+ subscribers, helping our nonprofit partners raise funds for their work.
- Measure: Develop metrics and methods for monitoring and evaluating our unmarketing efforts, and help us learn from our work so that we can improve. Help us build a database of unmarketing efforts.
- Fill in the blanks: Help us build a better database of our unmarketing efforts, updating our media page, and tagging our media mentions.
- Copyedit: Help us maintain our style. AP style, that is.
- Develop our Voice: Help us to ensure a consistent "voice" (tone, brevity, diction, etc.) in all communications.
- Help us say thank you: Collaborate with the Product team develop a better way to thank our incredible donors.
- Keep our customers happy: Respond to customer inquiries via email, phone, social media, case systems, and any other forms of communication, ensuring a timely and thoughtful response to all users. Summarize user feedback and escalate suggestions, thoughts, and criticisms to the appropriate staff members so that we can respond in a timely manner.
How to Apply
- Excellent writing, editing skills, and project management skills; ability to multi-task with uncompromising work quality
- Superior written and oral communication skills; great attention to detail
- Some background in marketing, graphic design, English, or business
- Proven experience using Twitter and Facebook; demonstrated use of other relevant sites and networks like Pinterest, WordPress, Storify, Instagram, etc.
- Passionate about owning and advancing GlobalGiving's voice and brand across a variety of media
- Customer service experience and commitment to maintaining a blissful relationship with our donors
- Sense of humor, belief in our values, and desire to change the world
Interested? Great! We want you to email us your resume, but we also want to hear your voice and see your creativity.
So along with your cover letter and resume, send us a sample of some previous work, or take the internship for a test drive and run with any of the tasks listed above.
Any and all creative demonstrations are welcome. Here are some ideas:
- Send us a link to a blog post that you've written about a cause that moves you.
- Edit or improve any page on our website to make it better. (It won't hurt our feelings.)
- Show us how you would promote our projects or content on Twitter or on Facebook with some sample tweets or posts.
Please email your cover letter, resume and any files or links to email@example.com with the phrase
"Unmarketing Internship" in the subject line. Applications for the Spring (late January - late May) class will be accepted through December 7, 2012.
Find out why the Daily Muse calls GlobalGiving an inspiring place to work!
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
Impact To Date
- Over $97.2 million in donations since 2002
- Over 9,100 projects have received funding
- Over 360,100 donors have given
Full Time Positions
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.