Do you believe that social media can connect people and help change the world? Are you passionate about social entrepreneurship and
international development? Are you looking for a challenging work experience? GlobalGiving connects social entrepreneurs and grassroots
organizations with individuals, corporations, and institutions that have an interest in supporting and fueling significant social impact.
Since 2002, GlobalGiving has helped nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in 130 countries grow their communities of donors and volunteers
to raise more than $100 million from more than 360,000 individual and corporate donors.
GlobalGiving.org, an online marketplace for international grassroots charities, is looking for a Unmarketing Intern. We're looking for someone that wants to help us
push our brand, voice, ideas, and most importantly our users forward. The Unmarketing Intern reports to the Senior Unmarketing Manager and the Champion for Customer Bliss.
The intern will support our communications and customer service efforts as part of our social media, marketing, and
unmarketing strategy. He or she will help maintain the drumbeat for our
"Tribe." This is an unpaid position, requiring 30-40 hours/week.
- Execute strategy: Help execute and refine our unmarketing strategy, and bring your expertise and ideas to the table.
- Tell great stories: Help us engage with our loyal following, telling the stories of our partner nonprofits on Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant sites. Think creatively about how to use photos from our Project Leaders to help tell your story.
- Write compelling content: Write blog posts and draft content for our e-newsletters that go to 130,000+ subscribers, helping our nonprofit partners raise funds for their work.
- Measure: Develop metrics and methods for monitoring and evaluating our unmarketing efforts, and help us learn from our work so that we can improve. Help us build a database of unmarketing efforts.
- Fill in the blanks: Help us build a better database of our unmarketing efforts, updating our media page, and tagging our media mentions.
- Copyedit: Help us maintain our style. AP style, that is.
- Develop our Voice: Help us to ensure a consistent "voice" (tone, brevity, diction, etc.) in all communications.
- Help us say thank you: Collaborate with the Product team develop a better way to thank our incredible donors.
- Keep our customers happy: Respond to customer inquiries via email, phone, social media, case systems, and any other forms of communication, ensuring a timely and thoughtful response to all users. Summarize user feedback and escalate suggestions, thoughts, and criticisms to the appropriate staff members so that we can respond in a timely manner.
How to Apply
- Excellent writing, editing skills, and project management skills; ability to multi-task with uncompromising work quality
- Superior written and oral communication skills; great attention to detail
- Some background in marketing, graphic design, English, or business
- Proven experience using Twitter and Facebook; demonstrated use of other relevant sites and networks like Pinterest, WordPress, Storify, Instagram, etc.
- Passionate about owning and advancing GlobalGiving's voice and brand across a variety of media
- Customer service experience and commitment to maintaining a blissful relationship with our donors
- Sense of humor, belief in our values, and desire to change the world
Interested? Great! We want you to email us your resume, but we also want to see your creativity. So along with your cover letter and resume,
please take the internship for a test drive, and draft a sample Facebook post about any project on the GlobalGiving site. That's right -
simply pick a GlobalGiving project and show us how you'd promote it to our followers if you ran Facebook.com/globalgiving.
Applications submitted without a sample Facebook post will be considered incomplete.
We've already hired our summer unmarketing intern, but if you're interested in joining us in the fall, please email your cover letter,
resume and any files or links to with the phrase "2014 FALL Unmarketing Internship" in the subject line.
Find out why the Daily Muse calls GlobalGiving an inspiring place to work!
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
Impact To Date
- Over $107.7 million in donations since 2002
- Over 9,800 projects have received funding
- Over 379,800 donors have given
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.