Customer Bliss Intern (Paid)
The Customer Bliss Intern is responsible for helping implement GlobalGiving's unmarketing and customer service strategies, and ensuring everyone is having a "blissful" experience with GlobalGiving. The responsibilities are a blend of some traditional customer service activities (answering phones and emails) as well as content curation and creation of donor-focused social media.
This is a paid position requiring 35 to 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Champion For Customer Bliss, and the Senior Unmarketing Manager, and is overseen by the Chief Product Officer. The Unmarketing Intern will be part of a team of GlobalGiving interns, and will have access to interesting people, fun events, and great learning opportunities as part of the GlobalGiving team.
- Keep Our Customers Blissful: Respond to customer inquiries via email, phone, social media, case systems, and any other forms of communication, ensuring a timely and thoughtful response to all users. Summarize user feedback and escalate suggestions, thoughts, and criticisms to the appropriate staff members so that we can respond in a timely manner.
- Engage with our Community: Help the Champion for Customer Bliss engage with and get to know our community of GlobalGivers by assisting in the execution of our Ambassador program and outreach to our supporters.
- Help Us Say Thank You: Work with our Champion for Customer Bliss to develop a better way to identify and thank our incredible donors.
- Share Ideas: We're guessing that you'll be an expert in areas we haven't even thought about yet. We're looking forward to hearing your ideas.
- Copyedit: Help us maintain our style. AP Style, that is.
- Develop our Voice: Help us ensure a consistent "voice" (tone, brevity, diction, etc.) in all communications. This means that we'll have you trolling our site for pages that could use some improvement - and offering your suggestions to clarify the GlobalGiving brand.
- Excellent writing and editing; ability to multi-task with uncompromising work quality.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; great attention to detail & an awesome phone voice.
- Customer service experience and commitment to maintaining a blissful relationship with our donors.
- Some background in marketing, graphic design, English, or business.
- Proven experience using Twitter and Facebook.
- Passionate about owning and advancing GlobalGiving's voice and brand across a variety of media.
- Sense of humor, belief in our values, and desire to change the world.
How to Apply
Deadline for submissions is Friday, August 15, 2014. Internship to begin in September and last until the beginning of January. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to . Please indicate "Customer Bliss Intern" in the subject line. Candidates should indicate how they heard about the position in their cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Find out why the Daily Muse calls GlobalGiving an inspiring place to work!
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
Impact To Date
- Over $160.4 million in donations since 2002
- Over 11,400 projects have received funding
- Over 417,600 donors have given
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.