GlobalGiving - Business Partnerships Associate
GlobalGiving's mission is about unleashing the power of people to make positive change throughout the world - nonprofits, donors and companies alike. We link people with the ideas to improve their communities to people interested in supporting them, and we facilitate learning to make those great ideas even more effective. Named by Forbes as one of "10 Startups Changing the World" in 2012, we have facilitated roughly $150 million of donations since 2002 and are currently looking to take our impact to the next level.
GlobalGiving's Business Development Team sources, designs, implements, and manages corporate partnerships that drive funding to GlobalGiving's thousands of nonprofit partners around the globe while contributing to companies' global citizenship goals. Our partners range from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, such as Ford, Nike, and Google, for whom we facilitate employee engagement programs, disaster relief efforts, international grants administration, gift card rewards programs, and cause-marketing initiatives, among others. The team is goal-oriented, focused, and fun.
The Business Partnerships Associate's role is to provide support for the activities of GlobalGiving's Business Development ("BD") team. The Business Partnerships Associate supports new and existing client relationships by serving as the liaison between the Business Development and Operations teams on process, data management, and reporting requests. The successful candidate will engage with external and internal customers fluidly, achieve alignment across varied and complex priorities, and design/implement solutions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Understand GlobalGiving data infrastructure, opportunities, and limitations, and translate corporate partner and in-house data requests into actionable reporting specifications for Operations team;
- Collaborate with Operations team on optimal reporting protocol, standards, and procedures;
- Ensure that consistent, accurate, and organized records of BD partners and their activity exist in GlobalGiving databases (mainly Salesforce.com) and systems;
- Develop consistent reporting templates, and create regular and ad hoc reports using Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher (e.g. impact reports, donation reporting, gift card redemption reports, etc.);
- Cultivate partner relationships by working with GlobalGiving's Operations team to track and facilitate BD partners' invoices, reporting, disbursements and disbursement requests;
- Coordinate reporting with various GlobalGiving API channel partners to ensure data is received and processed in a timely manner each month;
- Manage business partnerships or transactions as appropriate, i.e. gift card purchases, landing pages, etc.;
- Manage in-house gift card production and coordinate with third-party gift card vendors;
- Stay abreast of key changes in international grant making regulations and best practice;
- Contribute to internal strategic analysis of business performance in collaboration with Business Intelligence Analyst and Operations Team;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in finance, business, marketing, international studies, social enterprise, corporate philanthropy, or related fields.
- 1-2 years' experience administering grants and "wowing" grantees with your superb customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and other reporting and analytical tools such as MySQL.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- Comfort and enthusiasm about working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and with a diverse and high-energy team.
- Capacity to work well in teams, collaborate, and gain alignment horizontally and vertically within the organization.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal management oversight and be comfortable taking initiative and managing his/her time effectively.
- Strong process orientation and ability to problem-solve.
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and demonstrated alignment with GlobalGiving values.
This is a full time position located in Washington, D.C. Salary range will depend on skill and experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to . Please include "Business Partnerships Associate - Operations Focus" in the subject line of your submission and let us know how you learned of the position.
The world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. Solutions run by innovative, grassroots projects and organizations that are working to educate children, feed the hungry, build houses, train women (and men) with job skills, and hundreds of other amazing things.
We run an online charity marketplace that gives social entrepreneurs and non-profits from anywhere in the world a chance to raise the money that they need to improve their communities.
Since 2002, GlobalGiving has raised $170,924,373 from 431,158 donors who have supported 11,991 projects.
For more information, browse our site, find a project that you care about, and see the change that you can make possible.
Our office is located at 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington DC and is just a few blocks from the Farragut North (Red Line) and McPherson Square (Blue or Orange Line) Metro stations.
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.
Impact To Date
- Over $170.9 million in donations since 2002
- Over 11,900 projects have received funding
- Over 431,100 donors have given
Full Time Positions
You'll Love Working Here
Here's what past employees and interns have to say about GlobalGiving:
GlobalGiving is truly an amazing organization to work at. The work environment is very open and fosters teamwork and innovation.
GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time.
Everything and everyone are so opened to talk, to help or to teach. I came as an intern, but I left as a member of a tight–knit community I will always belong to. My work was really meaningful... Best decision of my life!
Read more reviews on Glassdoor.com