Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be the lead gatherer and presenter of intelligence about GlobalGiving efforts to maximize mission-related impact and grow in a sustainable manner.
The emphasis of the position is on quantifying the effectiveness of various partnership and outreach strategies, measuring the performance of the website and related properties, and general resource utilization and efficiency.
In addition, the Business Intelligence Analyst will help define strategies for the direction of and enhancements to the Foundation, for broader online visibility, deeper partnerships, greater return on mission and investment, and for customer stewardship.
The Business Intelligence Analyst reports to the COO/CFO, but often takes direction from other members of the management team, and works in collaboration with all parts of the GlobalGiving organization.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret GlobalGiving business data (i.e. online and offline donation activity, project and partner performance, internal workflow metrics), leveraging this information to enhance the customer experience, support the strategic decision-making process, and facilitate the acquisition and retention of project organizations and donors
- Build algorithms and frameworks for tracking and measuring social impact at grassroots and macro levels
- Create and present regular GlobalGiving performance updates, including donation volume reports, trend analyses, web traffic statistics, campaign and partnership performance, and return on investment stats
- Proactively mine data for trends, relationships, or statistically significant and/or material historical insights to inform current and future business decisions and strategy
- Collaborate with business owners, database administrators, and staff to determine needs for new or revised analytical reports and suggest new analytical pathways to address those needs
- Confer with database administrators and leadership to define processes and standards relating to data quality
- Coordinate with management team and Controller to create and report against revenue projections on a regular basis, including activities-based costing analysis
- Implement and administer enterprise level reporting console, including query libraries, dynamic data dashboards and visualization tools
- Maintain and administer business intelligence, MySQL database with aggregated reporting data
- Coach or mentor less experienced staff on querying and interpreting data
- Perform other tasks as required by management
- 3 - 5 years relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; working knowledge of monitoring & evaluation in International Development a plus
- Strong quantitative, technical design and process analysis skills; SQL experience required
- Advanced Excel Skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Index/Match); VBA experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail
- Strong operational orientation, project management skills, and focus on quality customer service
- Experience with enterprise level reporting systems (Microstrategy, Cognos, LogiXML) a plus
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission, sense of humor, patience, and flexibility a must
Compensation commensurate with experience. GlobalGiving offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a professional development program, 401K matching, flexible work hours, and all the usual stuff.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to . Please include "Business Intelligence Analyst" in the subject line of your submission and let us know how you learned of the position.
The world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. Solutions run by innovative, grassroots projects and organizations that are working to educate children, feed the hungry, build houses, train women (and men) with job skills, and hundreds of other amazing things.
We run an online charity marketplace that gives social entrepreneurs and non-profits from anywhere in the world a chance to raise the money that they need to improve their communities.
Since 2002, GlobalGiving has raised $184,237,733 from 471,630 donors who have supported 12,482 projects.
For more information, browse our site, find a project that you care about, and see the change that you can make possible.
Our office is located at 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington DC and is just a few blocks from the Farragut North (Red Line) and McPherson Square (Blue, Orange, or Silver Line) Metro stations.
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.
Impact To Date
- $184.2 million in donations since 2002
- 12,400 projects have received funding
- 471,600 donors have given
Full Time Positions
Ranked in Top 10 Companies in DC
You'll Love Working Here
Here's what past employees and interns have to say about GlobalGiving:
GlobalGiving is truly an amazing organization to work at. The work environment is very open and fosters teamwork and innovation.
GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time.
Everything and everyone are so opened to talk, to help or to teach. I came as an intern, but I left as a member of a tight–knit community I will always belong to. My work was really meaningful... Best decision of my life!
Read more reviews on Glassdoor.com